Digital Support in Chemistry Teaching (DISTINCT)
ERASMUS+ Key Action 2 Partnership for Cooperation 2021
Start and End Date: 1.11.2021 – 31.10.2024
- Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Poland – JU (project leader)
- University of Bologna, Italy – UNIBO
- Technical University of Vienna, Austria – TUWIEN
- Vilniaus Kolegija / Higher Education Institution, Lithuania – VIKO
- University of Latvia, Latvia – LU
- European Chemistry Thematic Network Association, Belgium – ECTN
The aim of the project is to support digitalization of European chemical faculties/departments to adjust them to the new post-COVID reality.
Four main strands of activities are planned:
- Analysis of the situation, creation of a European database of good practices
- Support for distance learning – lectures and seminars
- Support for practical education (laboratory classes)
- Support for school education and training in the chemical sector and development of recommendations for the organization chemical studies in crisis situations.
Instructions, training materials and teaching materials, including multimedia materials, will be developed and disseminated. Recommendations for various target groups will be elaborated. Dissemination activities for institutions outside the consortium (schools, universities, vocational training institutions) will be organized.
Particular attention will be paid to the problem of remote assessment and analysis of learning outcomes to be implemented as part of remote education. Training materials will also take into account issues such as remote work hygiene, “netiquette” (proper online behavior) and problems related to the GDPR and the protection of intellectual property.
Participation in the project of the ECTN ensures its European dimension and guarantees durability of its results. The impact of the project is also ensured by the appropriate consortium composition: the Jagiellonian University and the University of Bologna are members of the Coimbra Group and the Una Europa consortium, the University of Latvia belongs to UNICA (a network of universities from the capitals of Europe) and Vilnius College is an active member of EURASHE (European Association of Institutions of Higher Education).
The activities carried out under the project will also be correlated with the work of the Polish Sector Skills Council for the Chemical Sector, and the developed recommendations will be made available to accreditation committees and other organizations operating in the field of higher education.
Contact: Marek Frankowicz email@example.com
Disclaimer: The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.