A second ECTN project commenced in September 2000, has involved the extension of some of the previous activites of ECTN, as well as the creation of new working groups.
- Core Chemistry: Teaching and Learning: Practical Skills
- Green and Sustainable Chemistry
- Chemical Education using Multimedia
- Core Chemistry for the Future
- Postgraduate Education and Training
- Biological Chemistry
- Remediation (environmental)
- Industrial placements
- Chemistry and Cultural Heritage
- Evaluation of Core Chemistry
- Tuning Educational Structures in Europe
These groups now have their own web pages on the ECTN site (click on the WG title to access the appropriate page).